Field Trip Hair Co. Horrible Email Chain

8 days ago

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Casey Holborn <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 1, 2018, 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: Hair
To: Field Trip Hair Company <hello@fieldtriphair.com>


Hi

I definitely don't want to spam you, however this is related to the refund.

On the 17th Lindsey stated it would take 5-7 business days, however it has now been 11 and I haven't received it yet.

If you could please confirm that the refund was processed that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Casey

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018, 10:44 AM Casey Holborn, <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am sorry to bother you, however I would like to confirm if you intend on replying.

Thank you,
Casey

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018, 3:21 PM Casey Holborn, <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I just wanted to say firstly I hope Lindsey is feeling better and recovering well.

I wanted to let you know I am in no rush to resolve this, and want to just make sure it is resolved properly. Additionally I don't want to cause any issues or undue stress related to this.

Saying that, I would just like to know if you intend on replying to my previous email, or if you do not intend on continuing the discussion at all despite my points. 

Again, I am not asking for an answer, just to confirm if you intend on providing one.

I hope all is good for everyone on your end, and thank you again for your time.

Best,
Casey

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 12:59 PM Casey Holborn, <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Chenoa,

It is very worrying for me that you are saying you only offered a refund due to my feelings about the work.

I fully believe Kiko just made a mistake in taking me on as a client and he should have not misled me to think he was skilled in my specific request.

I understand you should stand behind your stylists, but the main issue is that Kiko did not make the effort to rectify his work appropriately. I believe he didn't succeed properly in his colouring, however had he made an effort to understand my feelings about his work and attempted to rectify it then perhaps this could have been avoided to some degree.

However, he chose to ignore me and then block me completely, when I tried my best to be nothing but civil.

I am fully willing to listen to how I may have upset him in any way, but again I feel that you are taking his side without really looking into what occurred.

What I originally wanted was perhaps to have the chance to go through from my first contact with your salon and look at my communication with Kiko, the salon and myself so everyone could get a proper understanding of what actually occurred. Instead, I most definitely feel like you are blinding yourself to what I am saying as you are more familiar with Kiko and so are taking his word on everything. 

As i mentioned previously this is definitely the vibe I got from yourself outside the salon, as if it never occurred to you that Kiko was at fault in any way.

I think if Kiko wasn't at fault after my hair sessions, he most certainly became so after his handling of the situation when I tried to reach out to him to see what could be done.

Thank you,
Casey

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 12:50 PM, Field Trip Hair Company <hello@fieldtriphair.com> wrote:
Hi Casey,

We am very sorry you felt you had this experience in our space but we stand behind our stylist’s work and do not think that any form of refund was merited or necessary. We simply offered you what we did to help mend your feelings on the service and help send you on your way.

We will not be engaging any more in this situation. 
We wish you the best with your future hair experiences.

Regards,

Chenoa


On Jul 19, 2018, at 12:41 PM, Casey Holborn <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Chenoa,

I hope Lindsey is well and hope she recovers swiftly.

After receiving Lindsey's previous email stating the refund would only be for the second service I was thinking to reply stating that I was fine paying for the cuts etc for both sessions since as I already mentioned I liked what Kiko did, however I definitely wanted a refund for the colouring's for both sessions.

I decided not to bother with it as I was under the assumption based on Lindsey's email that I would be refunded in full for the second session alone, and that would be the end of it. Although this still would be less than the both the colouring sessions I thought that would be fine and to leave it at that.

However, I noticed on the refund you sent over I am only being credited with the refund for the colouring costs of the second session only. I don't know how to say this would sounding like an arse, but my entire ordeal with Kiko with the hair colour was a major issue.

I would very much like to receive a refund for both my colour sessions, as well as my tip to Kiko both times.

I would like to stress that the only reason I went to see Kiko a second time, and the only reason I tipped the amount I did both times, was because I truly believed he had my best interests at heart and I was planning on staying with Kiko for many years. Due to this I wanted to build up a solid foundation and relationship since I thought I had finally found a reliable, skilled and friendly individual.

I would never have seen Kiko a second time if I didn't think he would do his best to get what I achieved. As I already said in my other emails I was constantly misled by him to think that he would do his best to help me and would make sure to fix it if it was an issue (as per the Instagram messages where again he told me he would fix it and to update him after I washed it twice).

At the very least I would hope to just have all my hair colouring related costs refunded, as the entire ordeal was not only never what I wanted, but due to the way Kiko handled it I ended up crying in public outside. Honestly, I really wanted you and Lindsey to be able to see the situation for how it really is and not see me as some traumatizing dramatic stranger who was antagonizing Kiko, which was extremely far from the truth.

Of course I am not requesting any refunds for the cut, or products I brought from your salon. I do wish Kiko had not recommended me to buy a shampoo which explicitly says "Do Not Use If You Have Platinum Blonde Hair", but I feel like that is far from my main point.

Again, I am sorry to take up yourself's or anyone's time on my situation, but I hope you truly try and think of the situation based on my side of the story rather than what Kiko said during.

Thank you,
Casey

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 12:15 PM, Field Trip Hair Company <hello@fieldtriphair.com> wrote:
Hi Casey,

Lindsey is off recovering from surgery.
I’ve emailed you a copy of the refund. It does not tell us which card it is. That is private information that square holds on to and doesn’t release to us.

Regards,

Chenoa 

On Jul 19, 2018, at 10:39 AM, Casey Holborn <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Lindsey,

Sorry to bother you but I wanted to confirm these details because both myself and my girlfriend have been to field trip multiple times, and we have two cards we swapped between.

I wanted to ensure which card it was refunded to and the amount if possible please.

Thank you!
Casey

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018, 10:13 AM Casey Holborn, <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Lindsey,

Can you please confirm the amount and the last four numbers of the card you refunded it back to?

Thank you,
Casey


On Tue, Jul 17, 2018, 10:11 AM Field Trip Hair Co., <hello@fieldtriphair.com> wrote:
One last thing, 
We were able to issue the refund straight back to your card.  It should show up in the next 5-7 business days.

Kind regards, 

Lindsey
Co-Owner

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 10:05 AM, Field Trip Hair Co. <hello@fieldtriphair.com> wrote:
Hi Casey, 

You will be refunded your most recent service with Kiko but nothing beyond that.  
We hope you and your partner find a salon that better suits your needs.

Kind regards,

Lindsey
Co-Owner

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Casey Holborn <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh also, would this be a refund for both services? 

Thank you again!

Casey


On Sun, Jul 15, 2018, 3:09 PM Casey Holborn, <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Lindsey,

That is very generous of you, and I would very much appreciate it.

If you could please e-transfer the funds to my alternate address at kcjpdrm@gmail.com.

I really wanted Kiko to understand my point of view and hoped he would realise he misunderstood lots of what I was saying. That is the crux of what I was getting at, because I hope that he doesn't make the same mistakes in the future. I honestly believe he is a wonderful person, with an unfortunate Achilles heel.

He seems to be very proud at what he does, as he rightfully should be as he is exceptionally talented in many areas. Specifically with cutting, styling and general hair advice. However from my perspective my opinion was that he didn't like hearing me say I wasn't happy and I didn't believe he did a good job at doing what I specifically had requested.

I understand I can't always make everyone understand me, but I hoped for Kiko's sake he would have taken the time to listen to me genuinely, but he didn't seem at all interested.

Regardless, thank you again for your offer, I sincerely appreciate it.

Best,
Casey

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018, 2:56 PM Field Trip Hair Company, <hello@fieldtriphair.com> wrote:
Hi Casey,

Although we appreciate your need to express your point of view, we are unsure what exactly it is that you are looking to recoup.  
We are happy to give you your money back for your hair service if that is what you’re after. 
This situation is unique.  Based on all of the details and facts presented from all sides, the story is much larger than it seems. 
Please let us know if that is what you want and when you would like to clear this up. We can etransfer you the total as soon as you give us the go ahead. 
We apologize you had a negative experience with Field Trip, 
This all said, we feel it is best to end our client/Salon relationship.  
We wish you and your partner the best. 




Lindsey
Co-Owner 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2018, at 12:19, Casey Holborn <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I completely understand that you all must be busy, and I do not want to rush you in your response, however it has been nearly 3 weeks without a reply. 

If you are in the process of constructing a reply to my previous emails if you could please let me know that would be greatly appreciated.

I am still now constantly upset that I never got close to what I paid for and the way Kiko handled everything to make me believe he was intending on helping me is such a large part of why I want to know this was looked into.

Prior to Kiko's recommendation to go to another person I honestly believed he was an awesome and talented person who was trying his best but didn't have any experience with the process I had requested.

He is definitely very talented, but he completely misled me about his skills in this area. He never told me he hadn't done this ever before, and I think he really needs to work on hearing critism.

One thing he kept saying during our conversation was that he knew he was good, and he knows what he is doing etc. He was clearly very upset that I thought otherwise. I truly feel I was extremely polite in the way I conveyed my feelings (as would be proven by the Instagram messages) but he got very emotional in reply to it. 

To be very honest the fact he blocked me alone was extremely upsetting. I am paying lots for a service, am following all of his own instructions (again, he was the one who told me to message him constantly) and he never once said anything to me to resolve his own feelings. He seemed to bottle everything up, was never honest with me, then just blocked me and got rid of me.

I am very frustrated that I feel like both of you probably took his side as you heard his version of events first and as they happened, and I feel like I have been completely ignored in the severity of Kiko's actions.

I still remain extremely upset over the entire ordeal, of both the financial and emotional drain it has had on me.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Casey


On Fri, Jun 29, 2018, 9:31 PM Casey Holborn, <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello again!

I know you most likely haven't read my previous email yet, and please no rush!

I just had been dwelling on it and wanted to add to a couple points. Again I am sorry for all these walls of text, I will try to keep this very brief.

I wanted to specify the fact that after my second session with Kiko my hair was even darker than when I went in. This was after my second bleach, and that just doesn't sound right to be darker after bleaching it unless the issue was with the choice of toner. Also, by the time I had washed it out like Kiko asked my roots has started to grow, so at no point was it ever close to what I wanted. I believe Kiko has never helped anyone go platinum blonde, and I wish he had told me that. Also the shampoo he told me to buy specifically says on it not for platinum blonde hair.

The only other thing I wanted to add was during my discussion with Kiko outside at the end. What I was trying to do was find a calm solution to the issue with Kiko, but Chenoa based on your reaction to me I feel like your perseption was of me harrasing Kiko somehow. That was very upsetting, as I wanted nothing but to resolve it all as calmly as possible, and I truly had no idea why Kiko had blocked me on Instagram or was so upset. I know you missed the first half of the discussion, but it started with Kiko walking out with his arms crossed and it looked like he was ready to argue with me. The first thing I said to him was along the lines of "Hey man, what's up why are you so upset?". I justed wanted to hear him out and have him do the same for me.

When youdid come out I did feel like you had taken Kiko's side almost immediately due to things like when I mentioned he said he would do a free cut or roots you asked if I had it in writing. Of course I never had it in writing, I was never trying to bend anyone's arm and was very surprised to be asked that, or even questioned on what Kiko had promised. 

Also, you mentioned that my hair looked basically platinum blonde at the time, however we were outside in very bright sunshine in the middle of the day. My personal opinion on your reaction to me was one of defensiveness to Kiko and unwillingness to truly consider what I was saying.

Obviously I understand you heard Kiko first, and most likely over a period of time, and it goes without saying you want to protect your employees against anyone who could affect their health in anyway.

I just feel like you had the wrong idea about me from the start. Feel free to ask Ness about me and she will explain the type of person I am, but I also don't want to get her involved because she is such a lovely person and I wouldn't want to out her in any uncomfortable position with this situation.

I really feel like I can't do myself justice through just email, but also understand you both must be very busy.

If you read through this then again thank you for your time.

Best,
Casey

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 6:35 PM Casey Holborn, <caseyrossholborn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Chenoa and Lindsey,

I do appreciate you taking the time to reply to me, and of course I understand your situation and how you're limited in any forms of resolution.

I would like to clarify that now I am not looking for anything from Field Trip in terms of compensation or discounts, but it is important for me to know you are fully aware of the details of what occurred.

I strongly ask you to see the chat history with Kiko, as I know you will see I was never rude nor pressuring, and always thanked him for any help. 

I would like to very clearly identify what issues I had and why I was upset in as few words as possible

I was very unhappy with the toner that Kiko used both times I had my hair done, and made that very clear to him both during and after both processes. The first time I didn't make much of an issue because I understood that it could take two sessions, however after the second session Kiko clearly told me to message him on Instagram to tell him how it was after I washed it. I believe he constantly was using toner which was much too dark. I know I am no expert, however I researched platinum blonde a great deal for many months before deciding to pull the trigger, and their toner was always much more purple. Both times after Kiko finished with the toner my hair was very dark, the second time it was actually darker than when I went in.

I want to point out that he explicitly told me to message him. He constantly reassured me whenever I mentioned I wasn't happy with the colour that he "had my back" or would "help me out" or "sort me out". He led me to believe that he would fix it if it wasn't how I wanted after I washed it out.

After I washed it a second time I did as Kiko asked and reached out to him to tell him that it still was not the colour I was looking for.

It was at this point Kiko told me to instead reach out to a different stylist in a different salon.

I hope you can understand why that was upsetting, as that meant I would have to pay a different stylist to fix what Kiko did, when he had constantly for roughly two weeks led me to believe he would help.

I highly recommend you ask to see the message history of myself and Kiko on Instagram because I know it shows I was nothing but patient and understanding through out, and always tried to clearly explain myself.

I would show you the history myself, however Kiko blocked me after I sent him a message explaining why I was so emotional before and trying to have him communicate with me clearly.

Lastly, I would like to repeat that each time I saw Kiko he told me that he was fine with me messaging him, and was in fact the first one to suggest it, as well as telling me to update him about my hair as I washed it.

I am completely open to hearing any thoughts on how I could have negatively affected Kiko's mental state, as he was clearly upset, but I honestly feel like I was completely fair and reasonable in my communication and dealings with him.

I understand that neither of you most likely want to waste your time looking into any of this or even reading all of this email, but I would massively appreciate it. I know it is hard to listen to a stranger rather than someone you have worked closely with for some time, and I have many lovely things to say about Kiko, but this literally led me to crying in public. 

I am not someone to cry much at all, but Chenoa, I feel like you only heard Kiko's side, and were judging me based on that. Again, if you were to see the chat history I am certain this situation would be less one-sided.

If you did read through all of this then thank you so much, and please do not rush to reply. If it is easier to speak on the phone or in person I would be more than happy to, please let me know whatever is easiest for yourselves.

Sincerely,
Casey 

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018, 12:04 PM Field Trip Hair Company, <hello@fieldtriphair.com> wrote:

Dear Casey,

 

Thank you for reaching out the other day and bringing your situation to our attention.
We appreciate your patience with our reply as it has taken a minute to speak to our staff and try to come up with a solution.

It would seem that if indeed you would like to continue to get your hair done at Field Trip Hair Co., that Nessa would be the most ideal stylist to see and continue with your services. As she previously performed hair services for your partner and therefor is acquainted with you both.

She is a truly excellent colourist and we have nothing but confidence in her work.

It is unfortunate that communication became so complicated with your former stylist and that feelings got hurt in the process. In order to re-establish a good, positive working relationship between stylist and client with our salon we would like to formally request that all communications be handled over online bookings or email and responded to when the stylist has time. This allows for the least disruption to salon work flow and seeing as we have no receptionist, messages over phone are easily missed or mis-communicated.
What is of the upmost importance to us is that space feels safe and comfortable for everyone working there or getting services. With this in mind, until the air has some time to clear, we would also formally request that any hair services take place on either Friday or Sunday.

As Nessa was not the stylist who began the services it is not appropriate for us to ask her to discount her work, so we cannot offer any discounts at this time.

We apologise if you have had any negative experiences within our salon and hope that you can understand our position going forward.

Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

 

Chenoa & Lindsey
Owners of Field Trip Hair Co.






--






--